Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Testimonial: Al Capizzo

I'm titling this email "feedback" rather than
critique,
'cause I can't think of what to be critical about.

I definitely felt that we had your attention. You
weren't spending your time showing us how good you
are. Numerous times you asked, " What else do we need
to cover?", not because you didn't know what to do,
but because you were making sure you met our
needs/expectations. This is good.
I thought it was good making sure we were actually
sighted in and understood trigger control at the start
of the class. I took another class (much larger group)
that didn't do this, and it would have helped some
shooters with the rest of the day.
I thought you were organized in what you wanted to
present, there wasn't any head scratching and butt
scratching with that, "duh, I guess we'll shoot El
Prez a bunch of times, that always burns up ammo."

I like the approach of 1) here's how I think a skill
should be performed, and one or two optional ways to
do it, 2) now you do it, 3) do you need to do that
some more or can you take that home and work on it?
I never felt that I couldn't say, "Wait, I need to run
that another time or two." Of course that may have had
as much to do with having Ken as fellow student as
having you as instructor.
Time and funds allowing, I will probably be in contact
to do this some more in early winter.
I liked it, and know I can benefit from it.
Tomorrow I'm going to practice!

No comments: